I’ve been a busy bee this weekend. I didn’t make time for the gym yesterday, and on top of that I had 2 social gatherings with delicious food! I was determined to move my body today!
I got to the gym 30 minutes before closing to get in a quick cardio workout. I was bummed I didn’t make it in time to do 30 minutes of weights, but I figured I can do some quick and dirty exercises once home. I prefer the “back to basics” approach to exercises. I look like an old lady every time I do my floor exercises, but the simpler the better for me!
Here is the rundown of today’s workout. Please click through the image to be taken to another site with more details:
30 Minutes on the Elliptical, Level 12.
20 minutes ab and strengthening work at home.
- Side Reaches (25 per side), Crunches(2 sets of 25), Leg Lifts (abdominal and side lying – 25). Please see my post from the other day for a clearer picture of these exercises.
- Arm Circles (25 forward and 25 backward). Add weight if desired, or work up to it.
- Shoulder Touches (25 per arm). Add weight if desired, or work up to it. (this lady is workin’ it! If you click the photo it takes you to some very simple home exercises for older individuals or people with limited mobility.)
- Hip Raises (2 sets of 25)
20 minute light stretching at home. I payed close attention to holding these stretches longer than I usually do to lubricate my joints as recommended by Kris at De-Stress Yoga. One day I hope to try Yin Yoga (holding stretches longer than normal).
- Pigeon Stretch, Lumbar Extension, Sitting Side Reach, Cat Stretches. Please see my post from the other day for a clearer picture of these stretches.
- Laying Quad Stretch
- Groin Stretch.
- Knee Hug Stretch and Knee Rolls for lower back.
- Seated Toe Touch/Hamstring Stretch.
Total Calories Burned Today from exercise: 578